Downtown Summer Nights Brings Music and Fun Back to Downtown Yakima in 2017
Every Thursday night from 6-9, downtown Yakima turns into the hottest concert series of the summer and, best of all, it's free to attend. It's Downtown Summer Nights, presented by Stewart Subaru and Downtown Association of Yakima.
Each Thursday you'll be treated to a free concert on North Front Street, between Yakima Avenue and Staff Sgt. Pendleton Way. Two bands or artists, each powered by Chinook Fest, will perform live on the Legends Casino Hotel stage. (See the full line-up for the summer down below.)
Along with the music, there are plenty of food options as well as a beer and wine garden.
If it gets too hot for you, Virginia Mason Memorial provides a cooling station complete with misting tent. Regional Health hosts an interactive, safe and fun kids area, while MOD Pizza -- with help from Arts on the Move -- will provide all of the weekly activities. And thanks to U.S. Cellular, there are even cellphone charging stations for when you've drained your battery taking photos and videos.
Here is a list of the bands each week of Downtown Summer Nights:
- June 15: Scott Pemberton Band _ Entice the Mice
- June 22: Shane Smith & The Saints + American Honey
- June 29:The BGP + Jayleigh Ann & The Lost Boys
- July 6: Darci Carlson + Aaron Crawford
- July 13:Dirty Revival + Stephanie Ann Johnson
- July 20:Jeff Crosby and The Refugees + Bootleg Sunshine
- July 27:Too Slim & The Taildraggers + Chase Craig
- Aug. 3:The Common Deer + The Dodgy Mountain Men
- Aug. 10:The Dirty River Boys + McDougall
- Aug. 17: The Dusty 45s + Massy Ferguson
We'll see you every Thursday all summer long!