Memorial’s Rick Linneweh Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
Seattle Business magazine honored twenty of Washington State’s health care innovators, CEOs, and Hospitals at the fourth annual "Leaders in Health Care" awards dinner held Thursday, February 23, at the Bell Harbor Conference Center in Seattle.
The Washington Leaders in Health Care judging panel presented Rick Linneweh, Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital’s President and Chief Executive Officer, the evenings top award-the Lifetime Achievement Award. Over 200 people were in attendance, including Rick’s family, friends, and Memorial colleagues and board members.
Rick Linneweh serves as the Chief Executive Officer for Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital and its Family of Services. He is one of the longest-running CEOs of a major hospital in Washington State and few states in the nation have hospital CEOs of longer tenure.
The Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees, employees, and friends value Rick for his lifetime of leadership, collaboration, and dedication to the Yakima Community.
The evening’s keynote speaker was John F. Koster, M.D., CEO of Providence Health & Services. Other top award winners of the night included:
· Lifetime Achievement Award: Rick Linneweh, Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital
· Outstanding Health Care Executive: Rick Cooper, The Everett Clinic
· Outstanding Health Care Professional: Margaret Hall, Northwest Hospital
· Outstanding Community Outreach: Providence Health & Services Senior and Community Services
· Outstanding Employer Achievement in Developing Wellness Programs: (Tie) Baker Boyer Bank, Group Health Cooperative
· Outstanding Innovation in Biopharmaceuticals: Seattle Genetics
· Outstanding Innovation in Medical Devices: Physio-Control
· Outstanding Global Health Organization: SightLife
A full list of the winners of the 2012 Leaders in Health Care awards can be viewed at seattlebusinessmag.com.