Yakima House Fire Wednesday Started By Heater In Dog House
Firefighters in West Valley were busy Wednesday night with a house fire in the 200 block of North 65th Place. Fire officials say the fire was reported at about 8:00 p.m. when the resident returned home and found his dog house on fire apparently started by a heater inside. The resident tried to douse the flames but they quickly burned out of control and he called 911. Two people at the home and the dog were able to escape without injury after the dog house fire spread to the man's home. Damage is estimated at $10,000. No injuries were reported.