house fire

Portable Space Heater Causes Tuesday House Fire
Firefighters say it's that time of year when they see a lot of fires caused by space heaters. They warn never to place curtains, bedding or clothes to close to the heater and they say many of the heaters have old cords that can cause a fire.
Woman Dead, 2 Others Escape Sudden Valley House Fire
SUDDEN VALLEY (AP) — Authorities in northwestern Washington state say a 58-year-old woman is dead following a house fire in Sudden Valley.
Authorities say an autopsy showed that Elizabeth Wilkenson suffocated in the fire on Saturday.
Whatcom County Sheriff Bill Elfo tells The Bellingham Herald that tw…

Load More Articles