It’s Time For Yakima’s Annual Chalk Art Festival
It’s fall and it's time for the Downtown Yakima Chalk Art Festival. The event, presented by the Downtown Association of Yakima (DAY) and Ron’s Coins & Collectibles will be held Saturday, October 8 at Performance Park next to the Yakima County Courthouse.
There's a lot more than a chalk festival
The event will feature artists using skills to draw images of the theme this year: Legends & Mythology. In addition to the featured art, organizers say you'll find live music, food, art vendors, and a selfie station! The free event happens from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. and everyone is welcome. The forecast for Saturday has plenty of sunshine and a high of 80 degrees so it'll be perfect for the festival downtown.
A press release from the Downtown Association of Yakima says;
"What you need to know about this year’s Chalk Art Fest:
· Free Chalk for community members
· Community members are encouraged to doodle to their heart’s content
· Registered skilled artists will compete for over $400 in prizes in People’s Choice and Judge’s Selection contests
· Live Music coordinated by Omar Gambito
· Food vendors
· Art vendors
· Selfie station
· Corn Hole toss
· This year’s theme: Legends & Mythology (family friendly images)
DAY would like to thank Ron’s Coins and Collectibles for helping make this year’s event possible, along with all the generous volunteers, artists, community members, and Omar Gambito for providing live music. We would also like to thank the Fresh Hop Ale Festival for providing a grant that supports the event."