YVCC Offers Early Achiever Opportunity Grant
Yakima Valley Community College, in collaboration with the Washington State Department of Early Learning’s Early Achievers program, is offering opportunities for childcare professionals to earn a degree in Early Childhood Education. Childcare professionals who are currently employed in a childcare program that participates in Early Achievers may be eligible for $5,000 in financial aid.
Eligibility Requirements for Childcare Professionals:
- Washington resident student
- Top priority given to students employed in childcare programs with a 3-5 level rating on the Early Achievers Assessment
- All employees of Early Achievers-rated programs are eligible; priority given to employees of sites rated 2-5
- Currently working a minimum of 10 hours per week or 40 hours per month
- Household income at or below 200% of poverty level
YVCC is the first college in the state of Washington to pilot this grant opportunity. The funding is available as a result of Washington state winning the Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge Grant which enabled the Department of Early Learning (DEL) to expand the Early Achievers, Washington Quality Rating and Improvement System.
Registration for spring quarter ends March 25. For more information visit www.yvcc.edu/earlyachievers or contact Glenda Orgill at 574.4787.