Money to Burn-Worst Charities Keep Most for Themselves – Dave’s Diary
There is one thing you can say about Yakima…we are a very charitable & giving community. Time after time we come to you and ask for your help with one good cause or another and time after time you come through. It’s one of my most favorite things about Yakima. From the Children’s Miracle Network to Pet Rescue to the Red Cross and more, you Yakima, are FABULOUS!
Sadly not all charitable organizations share our town’s integrity. The Center for Investigative Reporting and the Tampa Bay Times checked out the tax records of 6,000 charities to find the worst and what they found is breathtakingly cruel. If any of the following come calling, call us at KIT and then show them the door!
1. Kids Wish Network – 2.5%
2. Cancer Fund of America – 0.9%
3. Children’s Wish Foundation International – 10.8%
4. American Breast Cancer Foundation – 5.3%
5. Firefighters Charitable Foundation – 8.4%
6. Breast Cancer Relief Foundation – 2.2%
7. International Union of Police Associations – 0.5%
8. National Veterans Service Fund – 7.8%
9. American Association of State Troopers – 8.6%
10. Children’s Cancer Fund of America – 5.3%