“March for Immigrants” Taking Place in Downtown Yakima On Monday
The City of Yakima has released the itinerary and route for Monday's scheduled "March For Immigrants" scheduled to take place in downtown Yakima on Monday beginning at 12:00 p.m.
The march will make a complete circle, beginning and ending at Miller Park on North 4th Street. Yakima Police will provide an escort to alleviate potential traffic problems.
The rest of the march is planned as follows:
Following a presentation by several speakers that is expected to last about 30 minutes, the march will head south on 3rd Street and proceed along the following route:
– Turn left at the intersection of 3rd Street and Yakima Avenue (heading east)
– Pause and chant (for approximately 10 minutes) at The Tower (402 E. YakimaAvenue), home to 4th District U.S. Representative Dan Newhouse’s office
– Head south on 4th Street
– Turn right on Chestnut Avenue (heading west)
– Pause for speeches (for approximately 15 minutes) at the William O. Douglas Federal Building (25 S. 3rd Street)
– Head west on Chestnut Avenue
– Turn right at 1st Street (heading north)
– Pause and chant (for approximately 10) at the Yakima County Courthouse (128 N. 2nd Street)
– Head north on 1st Street
– Turn right on I Street (heading east)
– End at Miller Park