Brian’s Blog: Powerball Dreams
Tonight's Powerball jackpot is an estimated $550 million, with a cash value of $360.2 million. Even if you just buy a couple of dollars worth of tickets, that's worth a lot of day dreams.
I haven't purchased a Powerball ticket for tonight's drawing, and I probably won't have time to pick one up. That doesn't stop me from daydreaming about what I would do if I won the big money.
Beyond the obvious "pay the bills, pay for college, pay off the mortgage right away" things, if you're going to dream, dream big. Buy a private island? A private jet? A condo across the street from Disneyland? Heck, all of the above! Why not? It's my daydream!
Here's what I would do, really.
1. Pay the bills.
2. Pay for college.
3. Pay off the mortgage.
4. Retire, instantly. Then go to the gym everyday.
5. Have Creedence Clearwater Revival play at my retirement party.
6. Buy a 1970 Dodge Coronet 440 RT Convertible.
7. Go to every Seahawks game, at home and on the road.
8. Secure the bucks forever, ensuring my children's futures.
9. Donate a big chunk to charity.
10. Move to Arizona.
On second thought, skip that. If you want anything call my lawyer. We'll be on a beach in the Cook Islands.