A Few Ways We Waste Time At Work – Brian’s Blog
I ran across an interesting article at payscale.com about the ways we all try to get to five o’clock everyday. Here’s a look at how.
- Socializing: Just stopping by a friend’s desk for a chat can turn into a full-blown debate that can go from a few minutes to an hour in the blink of an eye.
- Social Networking: Need I say Facebook, Twitter, or reddit? You know what I mean.
- Surfing the Net: Using the net is part of your job, right? That means that it’s fair game. Did you read that Wikipedia article about slug embryos?
- Job Hunting: Many people use their current time at work to look for another job using the company computer. A good way to lose a job you may want to keep for a while longer.
- Meetings: Meetings can eat up tremendous amounts of time, especially if they are of the “let’s brainstorn” type.
- Communication: Answering email, either personal or work related can be a real time consumer. I’d say more, but my cousin in Denver needs a recipe I promised her.
- Daydreaming: We all do it, but some of us can take it to another level. Especially when Powerball or Megamillions grows to a really big jackpot.
What other things can you think of that waste time at work?