Yakima Christmas Trucks Are Gearing Up for the Season
There's nothing like a chilly evening, with a warm drink in your hand, enjoying the glow of Christmas lights. Wait! There is something better! Watching those Christmas lights on the move.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and everyone in between...The Yakima Christmas Trucks are gearing up for the 2021 season and if you haven't already followed them on social media it's @yakimachristmastruck to catch more of the updates that will continue to be dropped.
What's Been Announced So Far
- Friday, November 26th beginning in Roslyn coming back through Cle Elum and Ellensburg
- Toppenish Holiday Lighted Parade begins at 5 pm and on Saturday, November 27th beginning at 6 pm you will find the Lighted Christmas Trucks behind the Farm Workers Clinic, they will then head through the downtown area towards Home Depot.
- The Sunnyside Lighted Farm Implement Parade on Saturday, December 4th, 2021 beginning at 6:30 pm. Grab the family and friends, comfortable chairs, and blankets to find the perfect spot along the route to enjoy all the beautiful trucks, cars, and floats.
- The Old Town Lighted Christmas Parade on Sunday, December 12th, 2021 at 6 pm. Same, same. Start a tradition of hot chocolate and snacks while you ring in the season in Union Gap!
- The Downtown Yakima Christmas Light Parade is FREE to enter this year, must get your application in by Wednesday, December 1st, 2021. so if you have EVER wanted to have your own float or light up your rig and wave to the crowd, now is the time to submit your application! We roll Sunday, December 5th, 2021 at 6 pm
What You Have To Look Forward To
We are all very busy getting our lights sorted out and our generators serviced. Thanksgiving weekend will be our kick off. Stay tuned for our schedules as we are putting them together now. Just a few weeks to go. See ya very soon
The Yakima Christmas Trucks will begin weaving through the Yakima Valley and also stop at different spots for a chance at an up-close and personal look at the detail that goes into these incredible holiday staples. Nothing like watching the kids' faces light up and snapping a picture of that glow to keep forever!
- Beginning at 6 pm you will find the Lighted Christmas Trucks behind the Farm Workers Clinic, they will then head through the downtown area towards Home Depot.
- Stay tuned for info about free horse-drawn carriage rides as well as the Yakima Christmas Trolley.
It truly is the most wonderful time of year so mark your calendar and let's light up the night!
LOOK: See what Christmas was like the year you were born
TOP 10: The best holiday TV specials of all time, ranked
CHECK THEM OUT: 100 years of Christmas toys, gifts and fads
LOOK: 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years