Sunshine Motel Fire Leaves Many Without a Place to Live
More than a dozen units of the Sunshine Motel on North First Street were damaged in a fire Monday leaving more than 25 people without a place to stay.
As a result the American Red Cross opened a shelter at the Summitview Church of Christ on North 72nd Avenue on Monday morning.
Firefighters were called to the motel at about 6:00 a.m. and found the fire in a storage area of the motel. No one was hospitalized but one person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
The investigation into the fire continues Today.