Naughty List For Toy Makers At Christmas
Toys for Tots! What's not to love? Kids love toys and all kids should have toys for Christmas! The good folks at Edward Jones financial advisors have teamed up with Town Square Media to collect toys for the Marine Corps Toys For Tots program.
We all know the drill. Bring a new unwrapped toy to any of more than a dozen Edward Jones offices around the valley -BUT- not all toys are equal.
The nonprofit organization “World Against Toys Causing Harm” (WATCH) published its annual list of the “10 Worst Toys" and it is probably a pretty good idea to avoid any of the following:
- Nerf Ultra One foam dart blaster. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR EYE INJURIES!”
- Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR INGESTION AND CHOKING INJURIES!”
- Bunchems Bunch’n Build. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR HAIR ENTANGLEMENT AND CHOKING!”
- Yeti stuffed toy. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR INGESTION/ASPIRATION INJURIES!”
- Nickelodeon Frozen Treats Slime. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR CHEMICAL INGESTION AND IRRITATION INJURIES!”
- Anstoy Electronic Toy Gun. Why? “REALISTIC TOY WEAPONRY!”
- Diecast School Bus. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR CHOKING INJURIES!”
- Pogo Trick Board. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR HEAD AND IMPACT INJURIES!”
- Power Rangers Electronic Cheetah Claw. Why? “POTENTIAL FOR EYE AND FACIAL INJURIES!”
- Viga Pull Along Caterpillar. Why? POTENTIAL FOR STRANGULATION AND ENTANGLEMENT INJURIES!
Some sound like fun, right? But the potential for trouble is there and with so many other great toy options in the marketplace, why take the chance. Shop smart, be generous and Merry Christmas!