Monday Maintenance: Clean-Up After the Ultimate Munch Fest
Holy Crap! I don't know if you were watching the football game, there for the commercials or The Weeknds show at the half-way point but we all came for the food, right!?
It starts with appetizers like jalapeno poppers, meat and cheese platters, meatballs, lil smokies, chips and dips and then spills into the main courses of chili, chicken wings, pizza, ribs, nachos, sandwiches and more. On top of that you probably downed a few drinks like beer, wine or something a touch harder. No alcohol? good for you! At least you won't be dehydrated coming into the day after but then again, did you drink your eight glasses of water?
I woke-up with a stomach ache and a foggy brain, leading me to wish that we had the day after the big game off, agree?
We're all tired and sluggish, unless that coffee truly kicked in the way you wanted it to so I feel like it's the perfect time to begin working on a game plan for our summer bodies. We might only be showing off our results in our own backyards but at least the next time we choose to really go for it with the food we'll be in a better spot.
- Drink that water! Eight glasses a day, the earlier you begin your chugs the better because if you wait to check em off late into the night you will be having to use the bathroom a lot and that's just no fun
- Get your steps in. If you don't have a game plan when it come to working out, trying to get 10,000 steps in each day is a great place to start. They say 30 minutes of exercise so you could turn up
- Start planning them meals. If you're aware of how much your eating each day it can help you understand what your body likes and what it doesn't.
- Take it one day at a time. You are not perfect, no one is and we all have our favorite ways to sabotage ourselves so start paying attention to your cravings and find one thing you love to turn to in times of struggle.
- Have fun! Our mind is a powerful tools so pushing yourself to say positive things to yourself is super important. You don't want life to pass you by while you're hating on yourself for missteps.
Now, go and crush life and we will meet back next season and see where we landed.
Health and Wellness
CHECK IT OUT: See the 100 most popular brands in America
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system