Firefighters Say Watch That Stove On Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving Day is Thursday and for many it's a busy day in the kitchen. It's also a busy day for firefighters in Yakima. Capt. Jeff Pfaff says in fact on Thanksgiving Day he says the risk of fire in your home increases more than 65 percent. "It's one of the few days a year we see increased fires from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m."
The number one cause of the fires? Not paying attention to the pots on the stove. The pans overheat and cause fires.
Pfaff says if you do have a fire keep a pan lid nearby or a kitchen extinguisher to help douse the flames.
He says even if the fire is out call the fire department to make sure it's not burning in places you can't see in your kitchen or home.