The fire caused approximately $30,000 damage to the home in the 7600 block of West Nob Hill early Thursday morning.

The initial firefighting crew found heavy fire in the back bedroom and beneath the mobile home. Firefighters were able to get control of the fire within 15 minutes after their arrival.

One of the occupants was initially awakened by the sound of something "crackling" under her bed. She awoke to find her bedroom filled with smoke and fire in the wall. The adult female then wakened her daughter, who was in the same bedroom, and another other daughter in the other bedroom. They were able to safely evacuate from the home without injury.

Unfortunately, the family dog perished in the fire.

The probable cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature due to the heavy use of two window mounted portable air conditioning units.

This is the second fire the fire department fought in three days due to the heavy use of portable air conditioning units.

The contents of the home were significantly damaged due to smoke, heat and water. The home's occupants have been displaced and It's believed that they will be in the care of the Yakima Chapter of the American Red Cross.

More From News Talk KIT