Elementary School Evacuated After Report of Gas Smell
TRI-CITIES (AP) — An elementary school in southern Washington had to be evacuated after people reported smelling gas.
The Tri-City Herald reports that about 600 Robert Frost Elementary School students left the building Wednesday and were bused to a middle school nearby.
Cascade Natural Gas investigated and did not find a gas leak.
Pasco School District spokesman Shane Edinger says the building was deemed safe and school employees returned to Robert Frost.
The students were released at the usual time and either picked up at the middle school or taken back to the elementary school to catch the bus or walk home.