As Yakima Police continue to investigate a drive-by shooting reported February 24 in which two teens were injured the Yakima County Prosecutors Office is developing charging documents but so far two juveniles being held behind bars won't face assault charges in connection with the shootings. Authorities say they don't have the evidence to connect the juveniles with either shooting in which two victims were injured.
Prosecutor Joe Brusic says while there's no plan for assault charges at this time the two juveniles do face possession of a stolen vehicle, eluding and unlawful possession of a firearm charges.
However Brusic says they continue to investigate and the two could face additional charges in the future.
Police chased 4 juveniles in a stolen vehicle after the first drive-by shooting last Wednesday. The driver crashed into a school bus near Davis High School. Two juveniles were released and two were arrested. The two juveniles arrested are being held in the Yakima County Juvenile Jail where bail was set at $50,000 each during a court appearance last week. Brusic says he doesn't anticipate any other arrests.

A 17-year-old and a 19-year-old were both injured in drive-by shootings on February 24. Police believe the second drive by shooting was in retaliation to the first that happened near Garfield Elementary School. The second shooting was reported at Yakima's Kiwanis Park.

Both teens are expected to survive the injuries considered non-life threatening. Both were treated and released from Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital. Police believe the juveniles and the victims were all from local gangs.