3-Year-Old Boy Burned In Tuesday Kitchen Fire
A small child was injured in a house fire Tuesday night at a home in the 200 block of South 60th Avenue. Yakima Fire Department Capt. Jeff Pfaff says firefighters responded to the kitchen fire at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and when they arrived they found a 3-year-old boy who was suffering from burns to his lower body. The boy's grandmother was also taken to the hospital with chest pains and breathing problems. No other injuries were reported. The fire was caused by the stove top in the kitchen. The homeowners appeared to have been cooking earlier in the day and a burner was potentially left on for an extended period of time. Damage is estimated at $40,000.