Snoqualmie Pass Could Get Crowded With Fire Reroutes — Dave’s Diary
The Washington State Department of Transportation warns road closures from wildfires in north central Washington could reroute several thousand more vehicles onto Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass this weekend.
The WSDOT predicts about 8,000 more vehicles could travel on I-90 on Friday and about 9,000 more vehicles on Sunday. Drivers need to plan for added travel time and pack their patience. For more information regarding statewide closures due to wildfires please visit our WSDOT Blog.
Drivers are encouraged to use the following tools to plan their trips over I-90 this summer:
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.