Not All The Sides Are A Hit On Thanksgiving
Can you smell what the Rock is cookin' on November 22nd? (an homage to my wrestling loving friends out there) We are now just 8 days away from smelling all the delicious goodness that millions of Americans will be cooking for Thanksgiving.
My mouth waters as I write this -BUT- not everything on the typical table is a favorite. Along with the traditional side dishes that everyone loves like mashed potatoes and stuffing, there are others that keep showing up year after year even though a lot of people report they don't like them or don't to eat them on Thanksgiving.
The website CheatSheet put together a list of some of the more unpopular Thanksgiving dishes:
- Jell-O Salad
- Canned cranberry sauce
- Boiled brussels sprouts
- Green bean casserole -- It's a classic, but a lot of people hate it.
- Oyster stuffing -
- Corn pudding
- Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
- Pecan pie -- Most people like apple or pumpkin instead.
- Macaroni and cheese -- It may be a beloved comfort food, but many people think it's too heavy for Thanksgiving.
- Ambrosia salad
- Dinner rolls
- Creamed pearl onions
- Salad -- No one really wants to eat salad on Thanksgiving.
- Turkey -- Surprise! Many people say they actually skip the turkey and just eat the side dishes. (Cheat Sheet)
How many of these will make their way to your table this Thanksgiving?