No Delays on Hiway 12 For Labor Day
All lanes open on US 12 over White Pass Friday through Monday for Labor Day weekend
WHITE PASS – Road construction will stop and all lanes will be open on US 12 between Morton and the east side of White Pass Friday, Sept. 2 through Monday, Sept. 5.
Labor Day weekend traffic is typically heavier on state highways than any other weekend of the year, often doubling the summer weekend average.
To help keep traffic moving, the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and its contractors will clear the way on US 12 by opening all lanes and giving the crews the weekend off.
Know before you go!
Get in the loop before you leave home using WSDOT’s many tools:
- Traffic products for your mobile phone and other wireless devices: www.wsdot.wa.gov/small/
- White Pass travel info and traffic camera: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/white/default.aspx
- South Central Washington travel alerts: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/trafficalerts/SouthCentral.aspx
- Southwest Washington travel alerts: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Traffic/trafficalerts/SouthWest.aspx
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/wsdot
- Call 511 for traffic updates
- Tune to Highway Advisory Radio and watch electronic highway signs for information