National Ice Cream Month -Behavior Revealed
Conservatives loved Reagan…liberals hated him…but both sides of the political spectrum can cheer at least one of the Gipper’s Presidential declarations. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. A Harris poll of nearly 2500 Americans puts ice cream in perspective:
- More women than men admit to eating ice cream in bed.
- Men are more likely to eat ice cream straight from the container
- Both men and women enjoy sharing a single container with a loved one... even a pet.
- One in seven people wait until they're alone to stuff their faces with ice cream.
- 8% take out the chunky bits of candy and nuts before they eat ice cream.
- 29% admit to taking one extra serving of ice cream when no one's looking.
- 13% of women aged 18 to 34 keep a "secret stash" of ice cream.
- 3% enjoy eating ice cream in the bathtub.
- 10% said they eat bowls of ice cream for breakfast.
- 26% substitute ice cream for an actual meal.
So many great flavors from which to choose but put me down for Maple Nut, Bing Cherry & Blackberry!