Contact Us

Dave’s Diary: Gallup Newsflash – We Hate Our Jobs

Mario Tama/Getty Images

We are in a period of high unemployment.  Millions can’t find work, are under employed or have given up the search.  All our political leaders claim their number one job is to help create jobs.  But it’s not all peaches and cream on the job for those who are still working.

A recent survey by the Gallup organization shows that the vast majority of American workers dislike or even hate their jobs. Based on responses to 12 questions about job satisfaction, the survey of 31,265 adults found that 52 percent of employees are “disengaged” from their jobs, and 18 percent are “actively disengaged” — for a total of 70 percent who find their jobs boring, frustrating, or meaningless.

But keep on keeping on. That paycheck at the end of the week may be shrinking but it’s not meaningless!

More from newstalkkit.com

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newstalkkit.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Talk KIT quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on News Talk KIT quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!