Yakima County Moves Into Phase Two
We're Number Two, we're Number Two...and that's a good thing! A Yakima Health District news release today they received news that Yakima County will move into Phase 2 of Washington’s Safe Start Recovery Plan effective immediately.
Yakima was already following Phase 2 guidance in many activities, this new distinction from the Governor's office provides many more additions because of allowances added to Phase 2 just last week. .
Phase Two changes include:
· Recreation, sports and fitness expansions
· Libraries at 25% capacity (was curbside only)
· Museums at 25% capacity
· Movie theatres at 25% capacity
· Weddings/funerals expansions, including receptions
· Real estate expansions
· Restaurants, taverns, breweries, wineries and distilleries expansions
· Personal, professional and pet grooming services expansions to 50% capacity
· Religious and faith-based services expansion to 25% or 200 people, whichever is less
· Higher education / workforce training
· Agricultural events
· Bowling for league practice and league play
· Miscellaneous meeting venues at 30% (with events prohibited)
· Motion picture industry
· Overnight group summer camps
· Outdoor cycling, running, cross country, skiing and non-motorized boating: races, tours and rides
A full list of changes will be updated on the Yakima Health District’s website.
Dr. Teresa Everson, Health Officer, Yakima Health District. says, “As we open up, community members should continue to follow the public health recommendations. We are now in cold and flu season, on top of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is through our community-wide effort that we can continue to open up services and ensure our kids can go back to school. Please make sure to wear your masks in public, maintain at least 6 feet of distance, wash your hands frequently, and get your flu shot.”