Woman Found Dead After Motor Home Fire
The Yakima Fire Department is investigating a fatal fire reported at 1609 Fruitvale Blvd. Firefighters were called to the scene at about midnight Wednesday. When they arrived they found a motor home on fire. After dousing the flames they found a 56-year-old woman dead. An investigation is underway but authorities say they believe it was an accidental fire and no foul play was involved. The woman's name has not been released. An investigation is underway.
Accidental fires are common in the United States according to the United States Fire Administration. Cooking is the leading cause of house fires in the nation with many people simply forgetting they have a pot on the stove when they walk away from the kitchen.
Other major accidental house fires include smoking, faulty heating equipment and electrical problems. Every year in the United States 358,000 house fires are reported according to the National Fire Protection Association the fires take 7 lives every day.