Top Ten Scariest Characters Are Nothing To Laugh At
You’ve decided this is the year to go scary. Enough with the cute couple costumes, the Fred and Wilma Flintstones, the Rhett Butler and Scarlet O’Hara, the Donnie and Marie and even Donnie and Melania! No, this is your year to bring the fear.
So for a little help in that endeavor, the polling site E-Score went to the boob tube and the silver screen to screen out all but the scariest characters. Counting down from 10 to 1, here are the scariest critters and creatures from our electronic mass media!
10. Dr Hannibal Lecter (from "Silence of the Lambs"), 63 percent
9. Freddy (from "Five Nights at Freddy's"), 68 percent
6. (tie) Pinhead (from "Hellraiser"), Demogorgon (from Netflix's "Stranger Things"), and Michael Myers (from "Halloween"), all 70 percent
5. Leatherface (from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"), 72 percent
3. (tie) Annabelle the Doll (from "The Conjuring"), and Freddy Kruger (from "Nightmare on Elm Street"), both 73 percent
2. Jason Voorhees (from "Friday the 13th"), 76 percent
1. Pennywise the Clown (from Stephen King's "It"), 79 percent
And the winner shows us just how easy we are to frighten, when a clown, the symbol of joy, fun, comedy and happiness can be twisted to the extent that it scares the *!&% out of nearly all of us!