Yakima firefighters battled flames of a house fire in the 300 block of South 2nd Street on Tuesday. The fire was reported at about 5:00 p.m.. Crews had to cut open the roof to allow the fire and smoke to escape so firefighters could enter the building and locate the source of the fire. The home was converted into a triplex. One unit was damaged by fire the two others suffered smoke damage. 4 people living in the triplex escaped the fire. No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire blamed on a space heater being placed in a crawl space to heat pipes. Damage is estimated at $20,000.

More From News Talk KIT