Infrastructure on the City Council Agenda Tuesday
There's been a lot of talk about fixing the countries infrastructure and on Tuesday the Yakima City Council will be talking about it as well. In fact you have a chance on Tuesday to tell council members what you think of transportation projects and other ideas the city will be working on in the future. The six year transportation improvement program is on the agenda. The plan requires an update every year and it's in front of the council on Tuesday and you can tell the council how you feel about the plan during a public comment time.
A news release from the city lists the proposed projects.
"The current plan for 2020 - 2025 contains eleven funded projects that have yet to be constructed. The eleven projects include:
1. North 1st Street Revitalization, Phase 2
2. North 1st Street Revitalization, Phase 3
3. Yakima Valley Transportation Company Preservation
4. Cowiche Canyon Trail
5. N. 34th Avenue/Fruitvale Boulevard & N. 34th Avenue/River Road Roundabouts
6. S. 80th Avenue Box Culvert
7. Wide Hollow Road Box Culvert in the Vicinity of 89th Avenue
8. West River Road Improvements
9. 64th Avenue and Ahtanum Road Intersection Improvements
10. 34th Avenue/Fruitvale Boulevard and 34th Avenue/River Road Roundabouts
11. McClure Elementary School Vicinity Safety Improvements
Funding for the remainder of the projects will continue to be sought. A Public Hearing will be held to consider adoption of a Resolution approving the Six-year TlP and amending the Transportation Systems Plan 2040 and Comprehensive Plan Capital Facilities Element."
The council meets at 5:30 Tuesday at city hall.