Heritage University Tailors Training For Yakima Chief Hops
And THAT'S the way you do it! Congratulations to Yakima Chief Hops (YCH) and Heritage University for teaming up to train future leaders.
Heritage@Work, is the university’s workforce training and development division which helped develop a training program targeted to meet the needs of YCH for management training.
Ryan Hopkins is the chief executive officer at YCH and he helped develop the curriculum, “As a company that is 100% grower owned, YCH is built on the philosophies of continuous improvement and empowering employees. The CHIEF ACADEMY is a proud example of hop growers working with a great local university to empower our employees and in turn empower great leaders within our community.”
The CHIEF ACADEMY consists of a series of workshops addressing five topics important to leadership at Yakima Chief Hops .
- The Art of Communication – a business writing and communication workshop which offered tips on improving existing skills as well as preparing participants for public speaking.
- Putting Humanity into Human Resources – a highly-interactive workshop covering the important basics of human resources with role-playing activities.
- Data Science – a workshop that helps those in company leadership roles understand the importance of data analytics by identifying, interpreting and summarizing data.
- Business Finance – a workshop to help employees understand financial drivers and strategic objectives and realize the connection between strategy and financial success.
- The Book of Leadership – a workshop where employees learn the attributes of a leader, the difference between management skills and leadership skills, and what it means to be a leader at YCH.
Perhaps your company or employees have a need for professional development and perhaps Yakima Chief Hops success could be yours ? For more information contact Heritage University Media Relations Coordinator Davidson Mance at (509) 969-6084 or firstname.lastname@example.org .