Ever had a kid apply to college? If so you probably have some familiarity with the FAFSA ((Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid)

The filing period for the FAFSA and WASFA is open and to apply, you'll need your FSA ID, your social security number or alien registration number, federal income tax returns, W-2 and other records of money earned and bank statements. If you are a dependent, your parents will need these documents as well.

There are some on-line aids to help in the process and if you are headed off to Heritage University you can get some in-person help.   Heritage University's Financial Aid office is holding several in-person and online events this month to help you with your applications.

If you have any questions on the FAFSA/WASFA application process, Heritage encourages you to send an email to the Financial Aid Office.
If you haven't settled on Heritage but know you will still need some help with finances, the feds encourage you to sign up early, even if you haven't settled on a school yet.
If you think you don't qualify for financial aid the experts say you may want to think again.  The Washington Student Achievement Council says the nationally recognized Washington College Grant (formerly the State Need Grant) makes education and training beyond high school affordable.  As of 2020-21, more low and middle income families now qualify. Learn more about the Washington College Grant.




More From News Talk KIT