Yakima Firefighters have been busy in Union Gap this morning battling flames of a fire fire at the El Porton restaurant at 2512 Main Street. They say the fire started in the kitchen area but was doused by a fire suppression system and firefighters but they say the fire presented a slight challenge in making sure that it didn't spread into the attic area. Yakima Fire Capt. Jeff Pfaff says the fire did extend into a ventilation shaft but did not go further into the structure. The fire is termed an accidental fire that started in the kitchen. Damage is estimated at $50,000. No injuries were reported.

More From News Talk KIT