Major Thunderstorm Headed Our Way Saturday Evening
Don't judge me. I couldn't remember if you can have just thunder during a storm.
The National Severe Weather Storms Laboratory gives that answer a hard no.
So my fingers are crossed when Saturday, May 30th rolls around. We get an incredible show with lighting and thunderous thunder but no fires. Say it with me now, no fires! :)
I want blue skies through the summer, we can do this. I know we can.
Since I was tiny I have LOVED storms. Hail storms in California with chunks the size of golfballs. Incredible thunder and lightning storms in Montana while a family friend jumped on a trampoline (not recommended). One time while our softball team was running in Hawaii they yelled, "it's coming" you could actually see the wall of water heading towards us! Another time the power went out at the hotel I was working at because of a storm and the first thing I did. Ran straight outside to hang out in the rain and watch the show.
The high for Saturday, May 30th, 2020 is going to be 90 and by afternoon to evening time, we will have a major thunderstorm headed our way. So in honor of nature and protection.
Here are a few reminders to keep you safe from the Nationwide Emergency Preparedness Resources
- If you still own a phone attached to the wall, try not to use it or any other electronics like computers or power tools while the storm is afoot.
- Don't use your cellphone
- Washing your hands, taking a shower or doing laundry are not advised because the pipes could possibly conduct some of that electricity and zap you
- If outside you should avoid riding bikes or motorcycles
- If you're swimming you need to head to shore or get out of the pool and try to avoid metal
- If you're in a large group of people you should spread yourselves out
- Bring your pets inside, just in case.
I don't want to spoil Benjamin Button for you, so if you haven't seen it don't click on the video :)
Head to 25 seconds in if you don't want the backstory and just came for the show