It’s a Beer Day – What’s Yakima’s Trashiest Favorite?
The planets have aligned in the universe of beer. Today is International Beer Day, It's the start of the Moxee Hop Festival and an email shows up titled "the Most Popular Trashy Beer In Each State".
This - Is - The -Great - Beer - Convergence!
So let's serve 'em up cold.
Washington's Favorite "Trashy" Beer
From Workshopedia - They checked out the online searches for more than 30 cheap American beers to determine which beers were most searched and are thus determined to be -most popular- in which states. You can probably guess Washington State's choice. In Washington, Rainier is the most popular ‘trashy’ beer, the only state that's true to that brew. Oregon's guilty guzzle is Keystone. In Idaho, it's Keystone Light.
Overall, Natural Light claims the title of America’s favorite trashy beer, winning out 10 of the 50 US states. You can see the full report and the map here.
Here's To A Global Gulp!
Today is the first Friday in August. This year it happens to be on the 6th which is my younger brother's birthday, Happy Birthday Al! It's also International Beer Day.
“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip… but it’s better to be thoroughly sure.”
"The first Friday in August brings a toast to ales, lagers, and pilsners that put the international in International Beer Day. ....Whether yours is fermented or not, dark or pale, hoppy, bitter, smooth, raise your mug....thanking those who work at brewing delicious beer in your local area ...because International Beer Day brings the world together, celebrating the beers of all cultures on one remarkable day."
Now there is a message we can all support. When Rodney King asked if we could all just get along, he was talking about something like this!
Do Your Part
The International Beer Day website recommends you try a new beer. If you don’t know what to try, here are some suggestions.
- Attend a tasting – Yes, like wine tastings, there are beer tastings, too.
- Get a flight – Many pubs and breweries offer a flight with of few ounces of 4-5 beers to taste.
- Take a quiz – There are several flavor profile quizzes online to help you choose your next beer. You can also take a quiz to find out just how much you know about beer, too. Like this one at Fun Trivia.
- Ask the bartender – They can guide you based on your flavor preferences. Then be sure to thank and tip them, especially if they provided sound advice.
- Tour a brewery – Brewery tours offer samples. Not only will you find a beer you like, but most breweries have a rich history. Even younger breweries include fascinating stories about their founders or their recipes.
Moxee Hop Fest...Hop To It!
And last but not least...more like saving dessert for last is - The Moxee Hop Festival.
The two-day party gets underway today and you can find out all about it at the website HERE.
Since we're talking about beer. Know this:
BEER GARDEN -- COVER CHARGE $15.00 BOTH DAYS -- OVER 20 BEER CHOICES INCLUDING • BALE BREAKER • HOP CAPITAL BREWING-YAKIMA • IRON HORSE-ELLENSBURG • SIN BANDERAS WINES
ENTERTAINMENT ON BEER GARDEN STAGE FRIDAY, AUGUST 6TH:
HUNTER STILES 6PM -- BLUE TATTOO 9PM-12AM
The City of Moxee is celebrating 100 years as a community, time for a little nostalgia!