A fire on South 10th Avenue sent one child to Harborview and cost a family two pet dogs.

The fire occurred Saturday evening in the 600 block of 10th Avenue. When the first responders arrived at the scene, they found a duplex on fire including part of the building's attic.

Firefighters quickly doused the flames and got the residents who were in the building out. One woman suffered from smoke inhalation and was transported to Memorial Hospital. A 4-year-old boy suffered 2nd degree burns and is slated to go to Harborview Hospital in Seattle for further treatment.

Two of the family's three dogs died in the fire.

There were no other injuries reported.

The fire was caused by a kid playing with flammable liquids near an electric heater.

Total damage is estimated to be $65,000.