Enterprise Challenge Finalists Named
The grand prize of $10,000 and total prizes of $17,500 are down to eight local businesses in the 2014 version of the Enterprise Challenge.
The contest is put on by the Yakima County Development Association and Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce. It is designed for new or soon to open businesses to help market and improve their business.
The finalists, according to the contest's website:
- Pride Jui Jitsu offers professional jiu jitsu classes for all ages and skill levels. They hope to offer Muay Tai classes and cardio classes as well.
- Green Triangle Corporation in Yakima offers a unique system of processing organic waste into a complete and balanced organic certified based plant food, making composting unnecessary.
- Chestnut Market is a Yakima start up gourmet deli and grocery offering tasty unique specialty food items as well as kitchenware and retail items.
- Wine Country Inn at Zillah Lakes will be a distinctive boutique Inn facing Zillah lakes and Mount Adams offering all the outdoor amenities of the Valley.
- Wink Eyelash Studio specializes in semi-permanent eyelash extensions for fuller, thicker, and longer lashes.
- Nana Kate’s is a specialty bakery located in Selah that uses local, organic ingredients that make for delectable snacks that are healthy, made from scratch, and include gluten free and vegan options. We are Home Made Goodness just like Grandma’s house.
- Imogene’s is a Yakima based fresh catering company and food truck serving menus unique to each event.
- Claim Clothing is a new business located in downtown Ellensburg, Washington. We provide young contemporary women's clothing, denim, jewelry, accessories and handcrafted home goods to the greater Kittitas Valley