Yakama Nation Commemorates The Treaty of 1855
The Yakama Nation is commemorating the Treaty of 1855 today through Sunday (June 5-7).
I'm an enrolled member of the Yakama Nation, and we all live in an area rich in culture --
including my favorite: the food. I would like to invite everyone to come to the Rez and enjoy this weekend's events in White Swan, including the Pow Wow, where you can find me! Or the rodeo. There are also softball tournaments planned in Toppenish. Below are the dates and times:
- June 5 -- Yakama Nation Diabetes Program fun walk/run, 8 a.m. in Toppenish; Yakama Nation Treaty Day Parade, 10 a.m. in Toppenish.
- June 6 -- White Swan Community Parade, 10 a.m.
- June 5-7 -- Powwow, White Swan Pavilion.
- June 5 -- Grand Entry, 7 p.m.
- June 6 -- Grand Entry, 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- June 7 -- Grand Entry, 1 p.m.
- June 5-7 -- Rodeo, White Swan Rodeo Grounds; men’s softball tournament, Yakama Nation Sports Complex in Toppenish; Youth Ballers First Annual Tournament, Toppenish.
- June 6-7 -- Women’s softball tournament, Yakama Nation Sports Complex in Toppenish; golf tournament: Mount Adams Country Club in Toppenish.