WSDOT Says Planning Can Help Ease Memorial Day Travel Hassles
Know before you go and use travel tools to navigate holiday travel routes.
Using the Washington State Department of Transportation online tools is the key to starting roadway travel for Memorial Day 2014.
With summer travel season getting underway and weather reports calling for just a few scattered rain showers, travel is expected to increase on typical holiday travel routes, including Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass.
In addition to the holiday weekend travel guide, real-time travel and traffic information are also available. These include:
- Online tools that provide traffic camera images, ferry schedules and a map of highway incidents and closures.
- The 511 travel information hotline. For out-of-state callers, it’s 1-800-695-ROAD (7623).
- The WSDOT mobile app, email alerts and other tools, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Overhead and roadside electronic signs.
- Highway advisory stations, 530 AM or 1610 AM.
To help ease traffic congestion, WSDOT and its contractors will suspend most state highway construction work at noon Friday, May 23, until Monday, May 26.