Why is Friday the Thirteenth Seen as Bad Luck? — Dave’s Diary
Friday at last—another beautiful in the Yakima Valley—except, except its Friday the 13th!!
If you're one of those people who avoid traveling, going to work, eating in a restaurant or signing important documents on Friday the 13th, you have what is known as paraskevidekatriaphobia.
Not fatal, just frightening so there’s no need to call the doc unless they’re a shrink. The big word with all the letters means a fear of Friday the 13th.
What better day to be reminded of the superstitions surrounding the components of Friday the 13th.
- Never change your bed on a Friday as it will give you bad dreams.
- If you start a trip on a Friday, you'll have misfortune.
- Cut your nails on a Friday and you cut them for sorrow.
- If ships set sail on a Friday, they will have bad luck.
- Friday is the witches' Sabbath.
The number 13:
- 13 is the Devil's Dozen.
- Should 13 people eat dinner together, all will die within the year.
- Just as many buildings don't have a 13th floor, going right from 12 to 14, many cities don't have a 13th Street or 13th Avenue.
- If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devil's luck. Don't believe it? Count the letters in these infamous names: Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo.
- There are 13 witches in a coven.