Contact Us

White Swan Fire Labeled Accidental

kimatv.com

Monday’s fire in White Swan has been labeled accidental. Capt. JJ Ihmen with Fire District Five in the lower valley says the fire started in the one home that burned in the blaze. He says the fire started in the chimney of a woodstove.

Ihmen says the homeowners were using the woodstove for heat in the house and didn’t know about the chimney fire until it was too late.

Once it took off firefighters from the upper and lower valleys were able to contain it to 120 acres. Ihmen says cows in a nearby field who had eaten the grass down to stubble actually helped keep the fire from spreading.

Damage estimates aren’t yet available.

Best of News Talk KIT

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newstalkkit.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for KIT VIP quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive KIT VIP contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.