West Valley Couple Escapes Garage Fire
A couple in West Valley escaped serious injuries Wednesday afternoon when their caught fire inside their garage at a duplex on the 600 block of South 60th Avenue. Flames destroyed the garage and caused smoke and water damage to the duplex. The cause of the fire is blamed on a mechanical failure in the fuel system of a VW bus. Fuel ignited when the driver attempted to start the vehicle and spread to the garage and caught fire.
Heat and smoke damage is estimated at about $30,000.