The Parker Sports Foundation’s Jerry Ward on KIT’s Mike Bastinelli Show [AUDIO]
Longtime YVCC athletic director Jerry Ward talked about his current role as President of the board of directors of the Parker Youth and Sports Foundation on Wednesday's Mike Bastinelli show.
The Parker Youth & Sports Foundation is dedicated to the support and preservation of parks, sports facilities and athletic programs in the greater Yakima area.
According to the foundation's website, it's stated goals are:
- Provide, preserve and support parks, public sports and recreation facilities and youth sports programs.
- Preserve the legacies of Shirley D. Parker and Rose B. Larson in safeguarding Parker Field and Larson Park for the parks and recreation purposes intended by those donors
- Award scholarships to Yakima Valley Community College student-athletes and grants to individuals and organizations contributing to the best interests of YVCC athletic facilities and programs.
- Promote the history and heritage of sports in the greater Yakima area.
- Provide education on the lifelong value of sports and physical activity and the need for parks and recreation facilities to encourage and enhance these activities.
Click this player to listen to the interview.