The Incredible Edible Personality Profiler – Dave’s Diary
The incredible edible egg is quite a food source. We eat them as they are, we mix them in with other ingredients to bake…we do experiments with them in science class…what’s not to love about the egg? Cholesterol used to be the common answer…but does that concern hold up today? Medical thoughts on eggs have flipped more often than an over hard egg.I got this from the Dr, Oz website. FACT: You can enjoy eggs in moderation as part of a healthy diet. Chances are, if you tuned into nutrition advice in the ‘80s and ‘90s, you remember caveats to steer clear from eggs because they are “high in cholesterol and could trigger high cholesterol and heart disease.” And while people with existing heart disease are still advised to limit dietary cholesterol to 200 milligrams a day (one egg has about 185 milligrams), if your cholesterol levels are normal, eggs may be something you can welcome back to your shopping list.
1 egg has just 70 calories, but packs 6 grams of high quality protein, more than a dozen vitamins, minerals, and nutrients like choline (important for a healthy brain and nervous system). Plus, the latest 2010 USDA nutrition data found that the average egg in America now contains 64% more vitamin D than it did in 2002, likely due to differences in the diet of the chickens.
That’s the opinion from the folks at Dr Oz’s office…but another medical pro, Dr. Beryl West of New Jersey, says how you like your eggs reveals a lot about your personality….how does she know? And which came first, the egg choice or the personality profile?
- Sunny-side up: You are an optimist and easy going.
- Hard-boiled: You’re a no-nonsense type. You’re quick to form opinions.
- Soft-boiled: You’re gentle, sensitive, neat – but you’re not always easy to please.
- Scrambled: You’re agreeable and very steady. You go with the flow.
- Over easy: You are very precise. You know exactly what you want out of life.
- Poached: You are very orderly – you don’t like to see anything out of its place.
- Omelets: You enjoy taking risks.