The Best Days to Approach Your Boss for… – Dave’s Diary
Manic Monday, Tuesday’s Gone, Thank God It’s Friday…most days have their own moods and songs to capture those moods. But did you know your boss has a cycle of mood days too? According to some some in the psychiatric community, your boss has a weekly cycle of moods which means there are good and bad time to approach…like say for a raise!
Here’s the skinny on the inner mind of the “MAN”! Or WOMAN!
- Take Monday to ask for a vacation. Having just enjoyed his or her weekend, your boss will be in a better mood to grant you some time off.
- Tuesday is the day for bad news. Break it gently. Tuesday gives your boss the rest of the week you clean up your mess.
- The day to ask for a raise? Wednesdays. This survey says managers told them they felt most charitable on Wednesdays than any other... you'll get lots of "yes" answers on this day.
- Thursday is the day to present your boss with your ideas... they're more open minded.
- Friday is the day to ask for favors... it's after all Friday, and bosses are looking forward to the weekend too!