It has been three weeks since a home on 19th Avenue in Yakima was raided, and 47 dogs were removed. Just this week, the owner, Evelyn Dauenhauer was served with 23 citations.
The charges include:
- 10 counts for animal cruelty
- Nine counts for possession of a pit bull
- One count for not having a pet license
- One count for keeping animals in a nauseous environment
- One count for operating a kennel without a license
If convicted and given the maximum penalty for each charge, Dauenhauer could be fined more than $56,000 and serve up to 11