Studies Show Life Goes Better With God – Dave’s Diary
Every so often we have to make a post about God, guns or country. It’s the conservative’s code. Kidding–but we do have some very interesting information to share about the researched impact of a belief in God in your life.
There are studies that say if you want to live longer and be happier doing it you should pray or attend a place of worship.
Here are some of the findings:
- In 2006, University of Texas scientists discovered that those who attended religious services live 7 years longer.
- In 2006, the American Society of Hypertension found that churchgoers have lower blood pressure.
- In 2004, UCLA researchers found that religious students were healthier emotionally and mentally.
- A decade old study of patients with broken hips discovered that those who believed in God were less depressed and recovered sooner.
- Other studies concluded that believers with breast cancer recovered faster and those with arthritis and heart disease showed greater improvement.
- And a 1999 survey found that people who prayed regularly had stronger immune systems.
Looks like the Lord helps those who help themselves-to a heaping helping of spirituality!