Overnight Closures Hit Summitview, Other Major Yakima Roadways
Yakima drivers will continue to see their commutes affected by the city's summer-long road repaving project.
City crews are keeping their schedule of complete road closures overnight while daytime hours will see just periodic lane closures.
In a press release by the city Senior City Engineer Bob Desgrosellier said, "The grind and overlay process will make driving along the streets that are under construction inconvenient for a couple of weeks."
Overnight closures from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. are planned at the following locations:
- Lincoln Avenue between 6th and 16th – June 9-11
- Nob Hill Boulevard between 40th and 48th – June 9-10
- 4th Avenue between Division and Walnut and between Yakima Avenue and MLK Jr. Boulevard – June 9-10
- Tieton Drive between 16th and 32nd – June 9-12
- Third Avenue between Walnut and D Street – June 12
- Summitview Avenue between Yakima Avenue and 16th – June 9-12
During the day, periodic lane closures are set from 6 a.m. until 4 p.m. on these roads:
- 40th Avenue between Fruitvale Boulevard and Summitview Avenue
- Nob Hill Boulevard between 40th and 48th avenues
- Yakima Avenue between 12th and 16th avenues
- Summitview Avenue between Yakima Avenue and 16th Avenue
- Fourth Avenue between Division Street and Walnut Street, and between Yakima Avenue and MLK Jr. Boulevard
- Walnut Street between First Street and Seventh Avenue
- Fifth Avenue between Walnut Street and Yakima Avenue