Our Sister Station KATS Cares and So Do We!
Our sister station 94.5 KATS has taken the lead for our company, Townsquare Media Yakima, in collecting donations for victims of the White Swan Fire.
In response to the devastation that occurred in White Swan over the weekend, it occurred to us that there are few relief donation drop-off locations in Yakima. That is why we would like to have you feel free to drop-off ANY donations to the KATS studios at 4010 Summitview in Yakima.
Several places are accepting donations of money, clothing and other useful items for families affected by Saturday's fire. Officials say the greatest needs are for children's clothing and diapers. Locations and fundraisers include:
* Toppenish Armory, 326 S. Division St. The armory also will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner today.
* In Yakima, Mike O'Halloran State Farm Insurance is accepting any and all essentials from clothing (new and gently used), toiletries, toys, small furniture and diapers between 8 and 5 p.m. The office is in Nob Hill Plaza, behind Blockbuster.
* White Swan Methodist Church.
* Winter House in White Swan.
* The Trading Post in White Swan.
* EZ bucks in Toppenish and Wapato.
* Top Stop in Toppenish.
* The Yakama Nation has set up a bank account at Bank of America called White Swan Fire Relief Fund.
* The Wapato High School boys and girls basketball teams will hold a spaghetti fundraiser dinner from 5:30-8 p.m. today in the Wapato High School cafeteria.
KATS will make a minimum of one daily run to White Swan to get those items to the folks most in need at this time.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. If you need drop something off before or after hours, call the KATS studio at 972-KATS (5287) and we’ll try our best to make arrangements!