More than Half of Us Will Nickname Our Car — Dave’s Diary
I love the new Mercedes commercial with Santa sending the white cars to the folks on the nice list
and the red cars to the naughty. I thinks it’s a cute and effective ad. Our cars do reflect our personalities and that often includes the car’s nickname. A recent Automotive.com survey shows that 61% of car owners have named their car. The most popular name among the respondents of the survey was "Beast." Other popular names include: Batmobile, Betsy, Big Red, Christine, Lucy, Penny and Silver Bullet. I admit to owning a Fox, Ox and T-Rex!
- 16 is the most common age to get a first car
- 15% have never owned a car
- 17% are OK if someone smokes in their car
- 92% said that they always or usually wear their seatbelts
- 80% of parents expect their passengers to buckle up