More Construction on 40th Avenue Among Other Major Roads
As the official first day of summer approaches, the city is set for another round of road and lane closures that will effect major thoroughfares around the city.
The city has a map on their website that shows where all the projects are going to be located. There will be alerts on that same page as well.
The following roads will see periodic lane closures from 6:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. from June 16 until June 20:
- 40th Avenue between Fruitvale Boulevard and River Road
- Nob Hill Boulevard between 32nd Avenue and 40th Avenue
- 16th Avenue in the vicinity of Tieton Drive
- Yakima Avenue between 12th and 16th Avenues
- Tieton Drive between 16th Avenue and 32nd Avenue
- Summitview Avenue between Yakima Avenue and 16th Avenue
- Walnut Street between 1st Street and 7th Avenue
- Lincoln Avenue between 1st Street and 10th Street
The following streets will be completely closed to traffic overnight from 7:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- 40th Avenue between Highway 12 on and off ramps, Fruitvale Blvd and River Road – on June 16th and again on June 19th
- 3rd Avenue between MLK Jr. Blvd and “D” St. – June 16th
- Tieton Drive between 16th Avenue and 32nd Avenue – June 16th through June 19th
- Tieton Drive between 44th and 48th Avenues –June 19th
- Summitview between Yakima Ave and 16th Avenue – June 16th and June 17th